Introduction to Taoist Tai ChiTM Session
on 21st Jan 2016 at Bury St Edmunds
This will be a two hour session with a mixture of chat and time to practice some of the moves.
Taoist Tai ChiTMarts are specifically designed to improve health.
- The movements exercise the whole physiology; including the tendons, joints, connective tissue and internal organs.
- At the mental and spiritual level these arts are a method of 'taming the heart' and developing an attitude of calm, compassion and reduced self-centredness both during practice and in daily life.
- Taoist Tai ChiTMarts are accessible and beneficial to everyone, regardless of their physical condition.
Over 30 years ago we began with a set of principles established by our late founder, Master Moy Lin Shin. These principles, which are still followed today, are as follows:
- The Taoist Tai Chi® arts are not to be practiced as a martial art technique or in a competitive spirit, but rather as a means to cultivate every aspect of health.
- Those who’ve improved their own health and understanding of these arts are encouraged, under supervision, to use them to help others.
- Participants should share their knowledge on a volunteer basis and not for personal gain, and should seek to help others improve their health as well.
Participants should cultivate an attitude of compassion and service to others.